Optimus S solution for boost mobile
You will need the paid version of cdma workshop for this to work.
Buy the boost flashing tools from spiderman or figure out how to do it on your own, Don't ask me how to just search or buy the boost flashing tools from spiderman.
Now for the LG Optimus S Sprint Id Bypass
1. To bypass the sprint id screen you need to hold the voice dial button on the side of the phone and say sprint id. After you do that select My Id . and You've bypassed the sprint id
Now go Find, Download, and Install the proper drivers
1. Go to development then check the usb debugging check box.
2. Open up the com port in cdma workshop select security
3. Read the spc using the lg method
4. Send the spc to the phone
5. Write the spc you obtained from donor or from spiderman
6. Write the meid number from your donor using the lg method then default
7. Restart the phone
8. Re-connect the phone to workshop
9. Send the spc.
Now here is the tricky part to get Web and MMS properly functional.
go to the memory tab and select nv items write
1. You must first write the NV item that is attached in this thread. Its name "OptimusBoost_nv"
2. Write the nv items from your donor phone
3. Select the other tab and write the prl in this guide or the one you can read from the Donor phone (you do not always have to do this but is recommended)
4. restart phone if you do not get 3g indicator when you restart the phone. Do this step again.
5. Let it automatic activation. when it says activation successful it will restart
6. Do update profile and you now have Internet
I've had to do this only on a few Optimus S but if 3g is still not working connect to a wifi network and go do the system updates. Then you will have the internet 100% functional
Ok we are almost finished. To get mms working do this last steps
1. dial ##data# from the dialer
2. select edit
3. enter the spc
4. go to mmsc
5. put this string in and restart the phone http://mm.myboostmobile.com
Wheres the boost nv file and when I tried the one in the original post it wasn't a valid file....i was using qpst but I was able to write the original phones nv so a little help please im so close
Oh and I used boost prl 10037 and a sprint one but neither worked. When I check my msid via the##msl# menu it right but if I go to edit its all zeros can any one confirm if thats normal?(doesn't do this with min)
Great Guide pretty simple, is there a working solution for ws 2.7 I have both 2.7 & 3.5 but currently only have 2.7 on my labtop since the license for 3.5 is for one pc, im on the road and would love to try this using 2.7!
If you need Boost Flashing NV Items let me know. This is =Spider_Man=
Yes the true original one. Anyone else claiming to be me is a fraud. Contact me with any boost questions that you need.
I pm'd Spidey but never got any response. So after reading up some posts on various forums, plus trials and errors, it's simpler than what's listed above.
THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO DO:
Aside from QPST, QXDM, CDMA Workshop, and the drivers for the Incognito donor and the recipient, there are no other external files needed. The best donor is Sanyo Incognito* because all you only need to get nv item 1192 with CDMA WS. No need to get profile 1 from Incognito. After donor has been activated and 3G verified, put it on flight mode or turn it off. On the recipient (e.g., Optimus), it's best to do ##786# reset first -- you'll need to the SPC/MSL for that (but you can get away without ##786 reset by setting the MDN/MIN to 000-000-0001). Then QXDM-repair the recipient -- I won't say anything more about this step here -- let's just say that is the MEID/ESN step. Then with QPST, set profile 0 HA pwd to 'secret' and AAA pwd to the 16 hex digits that you got from nv item 1192. Leave profile 1 blank. Leave MDN and MIN alone if you already did ##786# reset (otherwise set both to 000-000-0001), write to phone and let it self-activate. That's all there is to it for voice and 3G. For MMS, configure mmsc to http://mm.myboostmobile.com.
*Easy way to get SPC from Boost Sanyo Incognito: with CDMA WS, read memory 0363:0365 with a length of 21968 and save to file. Open the resulting file with Wordpad or MS Word (or any good text editor, but not MS notepad). The 6-digit SPC is at the end of the file. For Sprint Sanyo Incognito, read with a length of 26031 instead of 21968.
But, except for doing a factory reset ##786#, there is really no need to get SPC from the Incognito. You can read nv item 1192 from it without sending SPC.
Last edited by lost; 09-25-2011 at 04:47 PM.
how do u get the 16 digit hex from the 1192 nv file i have 17
i have a samsung galaxy prevail on boost mobile, it died, will not power on, my friend gave me a lg optimus s. i need the boost flashing files. any help would be great. thanks
Could someone please forward me the "OptimusBoost_nv" file.
Thanks in advance.